Code of Conduct
Farmers take all reasonable steps to:
- Provide clear & honest description of the products for sale.
- Deliver products to the buyer, or have them available for collection, to the agreed place, at the agreed time in the agreed quantities & in the correct conditions/specifications.
- Do not give or receive bribes when negotiating on behalf of others.
- Treat everyone (customers, other-farmers) with dignity and courtesy.
Traders/processors/buyers take all reasonable steps to:
- Offer true & accurate prices for the commodities.
- Meet the obligations to pay in full & on time at the agreed prices to thefarmer/representative.
- Provide true & accurate details of the quantity & quality of products you want to buy.
- Avoid curtailing competition by maliciously damaging another trader’s reputation.
- Do not give or receive bribes in an attempt to obtain products.
- Treat everyone (customers, farmers) with dignity and courtesy.
ZNFU and its agents take all reasonable steps to:
- Protect confidentiality of market intermediaries by not sharing price information with other traders/processors prior to the information being made public on the SMS network.
- Take due care and diligence to protect the good name of the traders & processors.
- Do not knowingly engage in any act or activity that may discredit the ZNFU or its trade/market information system.
- Strive for continuous improvement. Every effort will be taken to ensure the services and service delivery methods remain current & relevant to those supplying information & to those who use it.
Key contact details for the SMS Trade/Market Information System.
DFA Agribusiness Managers
|Kapiri Mposhi ||05-271125/272251|
|Katete ||06-252083 |
|Mbala ||04-450175 |
Provincial Agricultural Coordinators
|Lusaka||Mr S. Mungalaba ||01-237773|
|Central||Mr Paul Chisulo ||05-223544|
|Mrs Lydia Ndulo ||02-615603|
|Eastern||Dr Kabinda ||06-221259|
|Northern ||Mr Lyambai ||04-222050|
|Northwestern||Mr Blaston Jere||08-821320 |
|Western||Mr S. Simainga ||07-221677|
|Luapula ||Mr Blaston P. Jeke ||02-821866/821984|
|Southern||Mr Samuel Mukelabai ||03-220798|